Thursday, December 22, 2011

Storage Problem Solved!

Teas need to be stored in air tight containers and protected from light. They, like anything else stored long term, should not be stored in plastic. So tins and opaque glass are the materials of choice. Tins were cost prohibitive... solution... glass canning jars and storage containers (found them 50% off at Hobby Lobby) sprayed with black chalk board paint! So as soon as my paint dries well, I'll sanitize my jars and lids and break open the new teas I got! Pretty cool!

I dug out my food dehydrator and sanitized it. So now I can dry my own fruits and berries for my tea blends. I've also been working on my labels and have come up with some cool designs. I'll post when I get them finalized!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see them!!! I am working on some homemade gifts as well. Maybe I could make your tea bags for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete