Friday, December 9, 2011

Changing Gears...

Well I got my sample packaging. But... as much as I like it, I won't be able to use it. I want my packaging to be green... and this is, but it will be to expensive. My idea was to use biodegradable cello bags put inside of these cool compostable corregated pillow packs. Turns out that, though the packaging would be really cool and would definitely attract customers... It will cost around $1.30 per package and of course that cost would have to be folded into my tea price. However, if I go with basic biodegradable kraft paper bag with a window (PLA lined), the cost will only be around 20 cents per package. As much as I'd like to do the cool and unique packaging... I can't justify the cost. Dang it!

Oh well... Back to studying for my food manager test!

3 comments:

  1. girl, nobody cares about the color of the bag, whats important is whats in it,quality and thats what you strive for. so work your way in to the pillow pack later, if you don't mind me saying. i would love to try your new product let me know. dave rambo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorthy,
    Don't sweat the small stuff! I'd rather have a fantastic tea than a fancy package. That's whats wrong with creations now...packagings are like people...the outside may be inviting...but its whats on the INSIDE that counts! Make the outside package your own...God will take care of the rest....you & your tea will be a hit..I have no doubt! I love you!
    Love, Aunty M

    ReplyDelete